I am trying to contain my ‘guarded’ excitement upon reading the building rumors about Apple’s event next week. While the concept of an Apple Tablet does intrigue me, my own selfish interests are looking upon an iPhone OS update with devilish eyes. I desperately want to see what Apple will do to the iPhone OS in what I hope will be an answer to the ever-increasing interest (and market share) of the world’s Droids, Pres and the like. Along those lines, BGR has just posted their own ‘exclusive details‘ with regards to the potential iPhone OS update.
Here’s their list:
- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide. (Would make sense for that as the rumored OS for the iTablet is close if not the same as the iPhone)
- “A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking.
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient. We haven’t had this broken down, but we can only hope for improved notifications, a refreshed homescreen, etc.
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will “put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date. Everyone is “really excited.”
- The last piece of information is the most vague, but apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.
Wow. I really want to see what they’ve come up with! Of course, there is no knowing when this rumored update might actually be available for consumers but I am hoping sooner rather than later.